Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving




Happy Thanksgiving!! I Love you all so much!! I hope you all have an amazing thanksgiving! I'm sure going to miss you all so much around the holiday season but its okay . Where are you going for dinner today? Hopefully you have a nice yummy thanksgiving feast. We are having ours at 12:00 I think. But guess what?! Elder Holland is coming to speak to us for thanksgiving today! I'm so excited to hear him speak! He is an amazing apostle of Jesus Christ. Remember his talk on the Book of Mormon last conference, it was so good. And on Tuesday Elder Oaks came and spoke to us! I cant believe we get to hear from two apostles of the Lord. Elder Oaks was So amazing! Right when he walked into the room every single missionary in the room stood up. Right when he walked in the you could feel an amazing over whelming spirit fill up the room. He spoke with power in his voice. I know that he is an apostle of Jesus Christ. First of all I just wanted to thank you mom so much for all the things you’ve been sending me! I love the cinnamon rolls, cookies, pop tarts, candy, pop corn, and all the other stuff. Thank you so much. Sorry I haven’t told you where my elders in my district are going …and no we don’t have any sisters in our district but we do have some in our branch. Okay four elders from my district are going to Oakland California, and four are going to Manchester New Hampshire. Just me and my companion, elder Belnap are going to New Zealand from our district. But I know of like 8 other elders and at least 2 other sisters from other districts that are going to New Zealand and they are flying out on Monday also. There is one Elder in my district from cedar hills and one from Spanish fork. Three live around north Ogden Utah, One lives in Idaho, One lives in Texas, One lives in Las Vegas, and one lives in Beaver Utah. I cant wait to go out into the field! I'm so excited to go to New Zealand!! I haven’t ran into Zack Whitney, Did he already leave, I haven’t seen him here once. But I did see Daniel R a couple of times actually. I got a picture with him and talked with him for a while. I finally got to see Skyler Hardy the day before he left. I guess he had been trying to find me. Ive seen some of my friends from high school too! It was cool to see people I know here. The MTC is so fun still. I love being a missionary. Ive learned so much this week. I'm getting lesson 2 down and lesson three a little. Me and Elder Belnap have had a lot of opportunities to teach. It is a really cool experience. Ive felt the spirit so much here. I'm glad to be serving the lord, I know it’s the best thing I can be doing right now in my life. I have also got the opportunity to speak to some non members at the referral center, I have talked to some on the phone and some on chats. Its so cool because I’ve got the opportunity to share my testimony and what I know is true. I sent a Book of Mormon to a lady because she wanted to read it from what I told her. The referral center is so awesome but I have gotten some really rude people. I guess it gives me so experience on how its going to be in the field. Oh yeah we got to go to the temple again yesterday because we had some extra time and our branch president let us because we weren’t going to be able to go today. It was awesome. The Provo temple is pretty and I love going to the temple. So after Elder Oaks came and spoke to us we had a district devotional review. I am the district leader so I conduct the meeting. We all took turns to say something that really stuck out to us and then we shared our testimony. It was unreal. We were all pretty much in tears. I felt the spirit SOO strong! I loved to hear all their incredible testimonies! It was amazing! I shared my testimony twice because I started the meeting off and then I talked again after everyone had an opportunity to gives their's. It was probably the most powerful testimony I have ever given. I wish you could of heard it. Well I'm kinda in a hurry, sorry I want to tell you so much more about my spiritual experiences here but they don’t give us very much time to do things here! I sent you all an individual letter, I hope you got them. If you didn’t get the letters yet you should soon! I wrote 6 of them so one for each of you! Oh and about the talk on Sunday. Our branch president just goes up on stand and announces right there who is speaking in church. He gives all the missionaries a topic the week before and everyone just needs to prepare one just in case he calls them up. I haven’t spoken in sacrament meeting yet.Okay so I leave the MTC on Monday around 1:30, we head straight the the Salt Lake Airport. I can call you from the airport. So plan on being home around Monday afternoon, I don’t know exactly what time I’ll be calling you. My flight leaves to Los Angeles at 4:50 and then we have a four hour lay over I think. Then we get on a plan to Auckland New Zealand! Crazy huh? I heard the flight is like 13 hours! I'm not excited for that. But I'm way excited to hear from you. So please try and be home! Well Happy Thanksgiving again!! I LOVE you all so much! I miss you very much. Thanks for everything you’ve done. Your all amazing. I couldn’t ask for a better family. I hope you all have an amazing thanksgiving! The next time I Email you will probably be In New Zealand!! :D crazy huh. Well I got to go know. Just send me a letter with Sister Belliston if you need anything before I leave on Monday. I don’t know if I’ll have time to read your email by then. Well I love you all. Have a happy thanksgiving and be safe. I’ll talk to ya on the phone on Monday. LOVE ELDER KITCHEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers