Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

First Email From the MTC







Hey Dad, Mom, Ryan, Jami and Kaylee!! How are you family?? Ive missed you so much and its only been one week! I love you all very much! How’s everyone doing? Anything new going on? I'm doing extremely well and I love the MTC. So as you can see I can e mail you now! I can e mail you every P day. Thursdays are my P days at the MTC. I don’t know if it will be different in the mission field. I'm pretty sure if you e mail me back today then I can read it again later tonight. Otherwise I don’t think I can read it until Thursday but I don’t know. Well I just wanted to thank you very much for sending me all that yummy stuff. I loved the cookies they were really good. My district also loved them! Well I got your cookies, candy, towel, soap, and your letters and stamps you sent me. I started laughing when you sent me letters and stamps. It was probably a hint like you need to write us, but I had already actually written you when I got them. I wrote you a letter on Saturday but they don’t pick up on Saturday night or Sunday. And then I was so busy on Monday I forgot to drop it off. It left here Tuesday so I hope you got the letter I wrote you already.Well the MTC is way awesome! I love it here so far. But we are EXTREMELY busy! That’s why I've had no time to write you! I'm glad I have time to Email you! Well the MTC is really cool and I love the spirit I feel here! Its so awesome. I love my mission so far. My district is also way tight! They all our way funny, nice, and all have strong testimonies of the gospel. My companion is way cool too! His name is Elder Belnap, I already wrote to you about him and my district in my letter. He is from Liberty Utah, its by Eden Utah where we go boating at pine view lake. He is really nice and we get a long really good. We teach good together and we are doing good at having companion study and prayer every day. I'm glad he is my companion. Well my district is pretty much the coolest. I get a long with all of them very well. We have 10 elders in my district including me and my companion. They all are super funny, nice, and we all have unbelievable testimonies. I love hearing them stand up and bare their testimonies. There names are: Elder Anderson, Elder Nelson, Elder Revees, Elder Lystrup, Elder Dalinga, Elder Urrietta, Elder Capener, and Elder Jessup. Ive gotten to know each one of them really good. And they are all awesome missionaries. Well you probably already know this from my letter but I have been called to serve as our district leader!! Our branch President, President Crawford interviewed each of us the second day we had been here. Then he called me to be the district leader! I know the Lord has called me and I am way happy to be their district leader. I get the mail everyday for everyone, keep them in line, go to district leader meetings, report to the branch president on our district, collect all the letters to the branch president, I conduct all our district meetings, and I call on elders to sing songs, pray, give talks, and I usually am the one to bear my testimony first. There's a lot more but I cant think of them right now. I have to be a good example to the other elders. Our Zone leaders are way cool too.I love my teachers. Their names are Brother Stephenson and Sister Lindorf. They both are way chill, nice, funny, great teachers, and both have an extremely amazing testimony and love for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I've learned so much from them already. We have been working a lot on Preach my Gospel and the first lesson: the restoration of the gospel. I am doing really good on learning and teaching the first lesson. I have read a lot about it and listen and learned a lot about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. My testimony has strengthened so much already. We have had a lot of opportunities to teach the lesson and get practice. We have been getting a lot of help from the teachers, other companionships, and from each other. I've been doing a ton of personal study of the scriptures and preach my gospel. We also do companion study everyday. We have class instruction a lot and we also have Teaching evaluations and other teaching practices. I'm getting it down very well. But the most thing that has helped me learn and teach the lessons is the spirit. I've prayed a lot to have the spirit with me while I learn and teach and it has. It touches my heart as I listen and teach to fake investigators. I love bearing my testimony to them and tell them what I feel. On Tuesday me and Elder Belnap had our first real teaching experience teaching “investigators”. They are volunteer members who come to the MTC and pretend to be an investigator. You get to know them just like a real investigator and you teach them like if they had no idea about our church. Her name was Dyane and she was a Catholic and his name Was Doug. It was amazing teaching them. I think it went really good. We taught with the spirit and I know they felt it. It was a way cool experience. I love teaching the gospel to people already. Even its to a member, it gives me practice and I feel the sprit really strong. Another cool place we have been going to a lot is the Referral Center (RC). That’s where we actually get to talk to non-members. We call them on the phone confirming that they got a free dvd or bible or book of Mormon they asked for. We also invite them to have missionaries come to their house and teach them more about the gospel. We get opportunities to share our testimony with non members! Its so cool! I talked to a lady who watched finding faith in Christ (the dvd the church sent to her) and she said she loved it. I asked her if she had read the bible and she said yes she has and that she believed in it. I then asked her if she had ever heard of the Book of Mormon. She said no and I got to share with her my testimony of the book of Mormon and tell her what it meant to me. She said she would love for us to send it to her and that she would read it! I was so excited! I loved that experience. It was my first experience sharing my testimony with a non member! It was so cool. I felt the spirit working through me as I shared my testimony and talked with her! I love missionary work! Its amazing!Well I've had many amazing and awesome experiences at the MTC so far. I love it here and I'm having a good time. Me and my district know when to laugh and have fun and then when to be serious and feel the spirit. I love my Branch and my Zone! They are all way cool missionaries. The Food at the MTC is pretty good! Some of it is way good and other times I wish I was eating your food mom! I miss your yummy food Mom. I hear the New Zealand food is really good so I'm excited! Ive heard even more good things about New Zealand since I've been here! I'm way excited to go into the field! They are planning on me leaving for New Zealand on November 30! So plan on me calling you on that day. I’ll let you know sooner when I hear. I cant wait to talk to you on the phone. Thanks for all the stuff you made me bring because I've been using a lot of it. I'm really prepared, a lot more then some of the other elders. I hope that you can e mail back soon. Thanks so much for everything! You guys are amazing and I miss you a lot. Well have a good next week and write me so I can stay in touch more often. I can feel your prayers and I'm praying for you everyday! I love you so much! LOVE ELDER TYLER KITCHEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers